Learn how to:
- controls impulses and delays gratification
- fulfill our long-term goals
- defeat metal challenges when our mind has competing goals
- learn what influences us to procrastinate or why we fail to resist temptation
- learn about small interventions that can have large, positive outcomes.
Author and Stanford health psychologist Kelly McGonigal, PhD, talks about strategies from her new book “The WillPower Instinct: How Self-Control Works, Why It Matters, and What You Can Do to Get More of It” as part of the Authors@Google series. Topics include dieting/weight loss, health, addiction, quitting smoking, temptation, procrastination, mindfulness, stress, sleep, cravings, exercise, self-control, self-compassion, guilt, and shame.